Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Starting Over....

I lost almost all of my violet collection in early 2010, but I didn't lose my love for African violets.  Here are some photos of my plant stands on the way from empty to full.  Instead of flowers for Mother's Day, I got big boxes of violets (thanks, Bber and hubby).  Generous friends gave me leaves and plants, and I was a good customer to many commercial growers.  I still miss my old collection and some of the great plants I can never really replace.  I have replaced most of the 'must have' varieties, but some of those don't seem to be quite as good as the ones I lost--but some of them are better!  All of my new plants were isolated in individual groups, in Sterlite or Rubbermaid containers or those clear spinach boxes.  I also used clear domes over the permanest trays.  So here is the path of violet return...



1 comment: