Friday, May 13, 2011

A Week to Show!

There is just a week to show, and the stress is mounting.  A couple plants were way too quick to come into bloom and they will be staying home.  A couple are still kind of slow, but they will make it--just not at their peek.

And a couple plants are in pots too small and will need to be potted up a size (I hate doing this--so much risk of breaking leaves).

And then there are those that did not bloom true to type.  All of my thumprints disappointed me greatly:  Shirl's Hawaiian Lei, Princess K'Rei and Plumberry Glow.  They were blooming fine just this Fall.  I don't thinkt hey like the cooler temps in my basement.  sigh

Besides the actual bloom times that different varieties need in my conditions, I did learn a few things this growing session.

The little one do better when repotted 3 times a year rather than just twice a year.

Over-potting plants in the hopes they will grow into their pots - not a good plan.

Some plants will never like you and you should just give them away as soo as you know this so they don't take up space and your time.

Next year, I am growing way less show plants.  I will probably enjoy them more.

Here's a peek at some of the plants, almost ready to box and go.



No comments:

Post a Comment