Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2011 AVSA Convention Recap

AVSA Convention 2011 turned out much too busy to keep up, and the last couple of weeks have been even more hectic, but I want to share some highlights of my experience.








Working on staging with the Burlington County club on Tuesday.  Susan did all of the amazing design work for the staging.  She is so talented.





Boxing up plants for the trip to the show on Wednesday. 








photo by Neil Lipson
Entries - I was really disorganized.  Thanks to the helpful people who got my plants in the show.  And then we stayed until after 1 AM to get all the plants in the right spot and the staging set.  I had to laugh when told 'don't touch the plants!'  Touched every one of those plants several times as we moved them round and round until we got it right.  And then there was the issue of the plant stakes.......


 The race for the Sales room on Thursday.  I was so excited to get in the sales room.  I found quite a few plants from my 'want list'.



 The Awards dinner on Thursday night with the Jersey Girls from the AVC of Burlington County.  We had a great time.  Was so pleased that many of my club members won awards.

 And I am still shocked that I won first place :)



The Internet Buddies dinner on Friday evening.




The AV Club of Burlington County never misses a party.







 Closing banquet on Saturday night -- patriotic theme.

 What a great week it was.  Next post I will share some of the great plants and designs -- and new introductions.

No comments:

Post a Comment